So much has happened in the last few weeks. I think often to update this blog, "when I have the time," but the pictures and info just pile up. I will therefore make an entry with what time I have, and forgot a huge, long, newsy one.
How about lists? I can do lists!
1. My Irish Crochet Cuffs were published in the latest PieceWork magazine (available at all fine magazine stores everywhere)! In fact, drumroll please, my project made the cover photo! This does, of course, make me a CoverGirl. The editor contacted me over a month ago sharing the cover shot, and I had to KEEP QUIET ABOUT IT FOR A MONTH. Pure agony.
2. I will be teaching classes on Irish Crochet / Rose and Leaf. July 22 I will be at Yarn & Ya'll in Greenville, SC, and October 3 I will be teaching it at Twisted PDX in Portland, Oregon. Super fun! Contact me to teach at your yarn store!
3. I will also be teaching the Sámi mitten class: Beauties from the Far North at Twisted PDX on October 4. I'm really excited to make it to Portland at the same trip as the...
4. Nordic Knitting conference. All is toodling along splendidly! My class sold out in the first day! If you didn't make the class, I'd still love to meet you at the Saturday banquet held at the Nordic Museum. I will be driving up from Portland, so I will be late, but I will still be there! I am really looking forward to working with all the wonderful instructors -- you can't go wrong with a single class!
5. Been super busy with the kids all summer: swim team, softball league, softball all stars, eldest child entering the work force… In fact, I need to take the third child to his activity right now.
But you know what? I posted. Proud of that, and I hope to see you all soon at one event or the other!